The summer transfer window is into Deadline Day for the major European leagues, which means the biggest clubs are looking to make a splash in the market while they still can. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Will Real Madrid land PSG star Mbappe?
It’s transfer deadline day, which means clubs have only a few hours to get their deals done before January. PSG forward Kylian Mbappe is the one attracting all the attention as Real Madrid press on with their attempts to land him.
So, Real Madrid have made two bids of €160m and €180m for the France international but PSG have not responded to the latest offer and won’t let him leave for that amount. If there is not a third bid, then Mbappe will remain at PSG this season, especially if PSG can’t sign a replacement during this transfer window.
RMC Sport says that Real Madrid have withdrawn from the negotiations but that seems a bit premature as AS claims that Mbappe has asked PSG to consider Madrid’s offer and is keen to leave.
Sources told ESPN that there is concern in Madrid that if a deal does not go through now, the forward could eventually succumb to pressure from PSG — and from his teammates there — and agree to an extension.
Real Madrid are also on the verge of signing 18-year old midfielder Eduardo Camavinga from Rennes for €30m, sources have told ESPN.
– Real Madrid close on €30m Camavinga move
– Man United sign Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus
– RB Leipzig to sign Barcelona Ilaix Moriba
– Willian leaves Arsenal for Corinthians
– Chelsea eye late move for Sevilla’s Kounde
07.30 BST: Manchester United are in talks with Leeds United over a deal for Daniel James, sources have told ESPN.
There have been discussions about both a loan or permanent move for the Wales winger, who has spent the last two seasons at Old Trafford after arriving from Swansea City in 2019.
James has started two of United’s first three games of the season and was set to stay at the club.
Sources have told ESPN that the 23-year-old is concerned about his prospects under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following the arrivals of Jadon Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo this summer.
Gab Marcotti and Julien Laurens discuss Jules Kounde’s possible move from Sevilla to Chelsea.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and AC Milan all hold a strong interest in Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaard, as has been reported by the Daily Star. The 21-year-old had an incredibly impressive tournament while representing Denmark at Euro 2020 — with his free-kick against England likely helping to capture the aforementioned Premier League clubs’ attention. Despite it being late in the window, Liverpool could still make a move for him after Xherdan Shaqiri joined Lyon, while there is still a possibility that Divock Origi and Takumi Minamino could also depart.
– Marc Cucurella is in England and has completed his move from Getafe to Brighton & Hove Albion, reports Fabrizio Romano. It is stated that the Premier League side activated the Spaniard’s €18 million release clause and that a medical has already been completed.
– Barcelona are hoping to offload Brazilian goalkeeper Neto to Villarreal, as has been reported by Diario Sport. The 32-year-old is keen to depart in search of more regular first-team minutes, with Marc-Andre ter Stegen currently blocking his path. Barcelona have said they want €8m or the stopper will be staying.
– The Daily Mail reports that Everton boss Rafa Benitez is keen to be reunited with Salomon Rondon, whom he worked with at Newcastle United and Dalian Yifang. However, a deal could prove complicated, as the striker would need to surrender the money he is owed by the Chinese outfit to make the transfer happen.
– Marseille and Lille are among the clubs showing an interest in AS Roma midfielder Steven N’Zonzi, reports Foot Mercato. Roma manager Jose Mourinho is keen to get the Frenchman off the wage bill, so the move is probable. N’Zonzi now needs to decide who he would prefer to join.
— Lyon have cooled their interest in the Zenit Saint Petersburg striker Sardar Azmoun and have turned their attention to Montpellier‘s Gaetan Laborde, as has been reported by Foot Mercato. West Ham United, Stade Rennes, Sevilla FC, Villarreal and even Zenit have all looked at the 27-year-old Laborde without making an offer. It is suggested that Lyon will need to exceed a €20m bid to sign the forward.