Bale, 31, re-joined Spurs in September on a season-long loan in a bid to get more playing time after falling out with Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane.
Last week, the forward explained his decision was based on getting match-fit in time for this summer’s European Championship with Wales but said he is legally obliged to return to the La Liga champions.
“I think for me, first and foremost I still have this season, and I still have plenty of games to go for the Euros,” he told a news conference ahead of Wales’ World Cup qualifier against Czech Republic on Tuesday.
“Obviously, going into next season, legally my contract says I have to go back to Real Madrid, which is what I stated, which I don’t think is being disrespectful to anybody. That’s legally what I have to do.
“Real Madrid are my parent club and as far as I agreed I was with Tottenham on loan until the end of the season and I go back. That’s the plan so far.
“The reason I left was because I wanted to play games and get match fit and enjoy my football. Obviously come the summer I will go back to Real Madrid and we’ll go from there.
“I think the plan is to go back and then whether then I sit down with my agent is something we’ll do in the summer.”
Bale, 31, struggled with form and fitness upon his return but has scored 10 goals in 25 appearances for the Jose Mourinho’s side this season.
Meanwhile, the Wales captain also backed Thierry Henry’s stance to boycott social media in an attempt to get the companies to do more to combat online abuse.
Last week, Henry announced his decision to quit social media due to online racism and bullying.
“Something needs to happen,” Bale added. “I think if everyone came together and decided to boycott social media, to make a statement [I would].
“If everybody did it at once, not just one or two people, and if we did a campaign with a lot of big influential people in sport and other forms of life came off social media to make a statement, then yeah, I think it could help.
“If that was the case, I would be all for that.”